Vice President Design
Vice President Design
KY1-1100, George Town, Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
Overall management of capital projects through all phases of the design function, ensuring the delivered project conforms to the approved business case. Also assisting in the management of the commercial aspects of the project, management of a significant internal team, and liaising with external teams and stakeholders to ensure the project is completed on time, within the approved budget and to the approved quality standards.
This role encompasses the disciplines of Architecture, Landscape Architecture, Building Information Modeling and Interior Design.
The candidate will be required to participate in the evaluation of project opportunities supporting the Senior Vice President Development in the preparation of the business case for such proposed developments.
Qualifications, Registration and Experience
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree & Diploma in Architecture, with Professional registration and full membership of a recognized professional Architecture body.
- Minimum of 15 years experience with at least 10 years in the management of mixed use construction and development projects, including resorts, commercial, leisure, education and healthcare in excess of US$25million.
- Experience with leading large multi-disciplinary design teams working to tightly defined schedules and budget constraints.
- Minimum 10 years experience in design and construction in the Caribbean region / island environments addressing issues of harsh environments, hurricane resistance / storm surge design and construction, and project planning.
- Experience of engaging with, negotiating and coordinating with Regulatory Authorities to ensure compliance with codes and laws to achieve maximum potential.
Key Duties & Responsibilities: (including but not limited to the following)
- Work with the Senior Executives, SVP Development, Business Development Manager, Senior Design & Construction Project Managers to assist in the implementation of strategic priorities of projects including project planning, design team management, and management of the project budget and key stakeholders.
- Manage and be accountable for the in-house design team to ensure effective and cost effective project delivery.
- Engage and monitor day-to-day relationships with the delivery teams for ongoing projects, and analyze and track performance of delivery teams against established metrics.
- Management and appointment of consultants, technical specialists and construction managers to deliver the project.
- Management and coordination of project documentation, costs, working capital requirements, schedule and other elements of project management.
- Complete document reviews to ensure projects conform to all relevant Planning, Building Control, Life Safety and regulatory requirements as specified by Cayman Islands Government.
- Identify potential project risks and take measures to mitigate and/or eliminate them.
- Ensure the project is delivered on time, within budget and to the approved quality.
- Document development progress to senior management on an ongoing basis; benchmark against the approved business case and conduct variance analysis and correction analysis as necessary.
- Manage the production of design information to meet the project schedule.
- Coordinate with the construction management team to produce an integrated design.
- Monitor the production of design information against the procurement schedule.
- Conduct technical reviews and coordination of the project design information and construction drawings.
- Participate in work meetings with the procurement and construction team.
- Coordinate project procedures for the control of the design processes and project documents.
- Coordinate technical interfaces between the design disciplines of the project design team.
- Check and implement the Quality Plans of the designers.
- Coordinate interfaces between design engineering performed on Site and subcontracted design engineering.
- Review the Non-Conformity Files with the Construction Manager or General Contractor.
- Monitor the detailed schedule of design work and performs follow-up audits.
- Monitor a test and inspection schedule for the design.
- Coordinate tests and inspections on incorporated materials.
- Review the method statements & relevant ITP’s prepared by the construction team.
- Maintain an up-to-date library of standards and regulations applicable to the Project and Contract.
- Manage the procedure for establishing the as-built drawings.
Specific Knowledge/ Skills
- Thorough knowledge and experience of the design process.
- Ability to effectively lead and manage large multidisciplinary design teams.
- Knowledge of the real estate industry.
- Knowledge of commercial management and contracts.
- Effective project management, team-work and leadership skills.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent business case preparation and reporting skills.
- Effective business writing and verbal communication skills.
- Thorough working knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, Project), and other computer skills associated with the development and construction industry.
- Thorough knowledge of the implementation and use of BIM in the development process and integrating it into Asset Management of built projects.
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD drafting software.
- Proficient in the use of MS Windows suite of applications
We thank all those who apply and will be in touch with applicants whose experience and skills match the requirements for the role.
This is an excellent opportunity for the right individual, if you or someone you know is interested in this opportunity please reach out to Karen Moore at 647-943-6139 or at email@example.com
Apply for this job