A truly great company starts with pillars of support, caring, and a genuine interest in its employees. Our client, an architectural firm in Toronto, is searching for the perfect Office Manager, someone who will be responsible for creating amazing experiences for every member of the office team day in and day out.
Our client feels the impact that an Office Manager has cannot be overstated. Supporting team members on a daily basis, the Office Manager will be responsible for everything from managing relationships with vendors, to designing and implementing policies/standards relating to facilities, to collaborating with clients to ensure all projects are on time and on budget. Not only will this person be the main point of contact for all visitors, they will be the go-to person for all of our team members for anything related to the office’s facilities, tools, and supplies. This is a broadly scoped, high impact role that will play a huge part in shaping employee’s experiences.
There will also be a focus on helping to elevate the company’s profile through effective social media and overall marketing initiatives. Someone who has good ideas regarding how to showcase the initiatives and successes of the architectural team.
- Own everything from office budgets to vendor management, and from supplies to team events
- Act as the main point of contact and reception for all visitors, office matters, and inquiries
- Participate in the onboarding of new employees, from office tours and desk set up, to partnering with our IT vendor to ensure people have the equipment they need to be successful
- Maintain office supply inventories and restock facilities as required
- Own the relationships with various suppliers and contractors, from the negotiation of prices to building ongoing and fruitful partnerships
- Work with external contractors to ensure our building is maintained and functioning properly, and that we are creating a healthy, safe, and productive environment for all team members
- Take the lead on scheduling and managing company events that support our vision for the firm’s culture, including everything from orientation to professional development to team events
- Support an incredibly high growth environment by designing and implementing office policies and procedures that are scalable and inclusive
- Identify areas where we could improve our working environment and strengthen team culture, and research, pitch and deliver projects that contribute to that end
- Prior experience in an office management position and a solid grasp on all things related to facilities management
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high growth environment
- A sense of urgency by default and the ability to manage multiple projects at a time
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Demonstrated success meeting deadlines and working independently to deliver quality work
- A creative approach and a passion for thinking out of the box to bring creative and non-standard solutions to the table
- A knack for event planning, including parties, corporate events, and employee engagement related activities
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with team members in different offices as well as with third-party vendors
What we offer:
- Contribute to the development of the firm’s presence in the field of architecture
- Healthcare coverage
- The good stuff to help you grow in your career with us: bi-annual performance reviews, professional development conferences, weekly product reviews with the founders
This is an excellent opportunity for the right individual, if you or someone you know is interested in this opportunity please reach out to Karen Moore at 647-943-6139 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all candidates for applying but will only contact candidates with the right skill set and experience.
Apply for this job