Attention all Millwrights!
Our Oakville team is looking to add a Millwright to their team ON A STRAIGHT SHIFT. This individual will be responsible for maintaining all equipment to required standards and be responsive to line calls and equipment failures. They will routinely perform work independently and must be able to work in an environment with many distractions while maintaining a high level of accuracy and safety, while performing their duties.
- Certified 433A Industrial Maintenance Millwright
- Must be able to read schematics, specifications, blueprints
- Basic machining skills (mills, lathes, grinders), and ability to use hand tools
- Demonstrated ability to use measuring instruments (micrometer, verniers, calipers)
- Working knowledge of hydraulics and pneumatics, pumps, gear boxes, bearings, seals, and alignment of couplings
- Proven ability to weld (MIG, stick, brazing, oxy-acetylene)
- Willingness to work at heights and in confined spaces (appropriate training provided)
- Basic computer skills, experience with CMMS systems for logging maintenance activity and ordering parts, is an asset
- Willingness to work to deadlines and support multiple demands in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Ability to work overtime as required to meet customer requirements
- Working in a manufacturing environment and all-weather outdoor conditions
- Exposure to hazards associated with the industry and trade
- Physical activities will consist of sitting, standing, ladder climbing, stair climbing, bending and twisting. Extended periods of standing and other potentially physically demanding conditions
- Maintain all mechanical production equipment and respond to breakdowns with a sense of urgency
- Diagnose and resolve mechanical issues, ensuring all safety and control functions are always working properly
- Make necessary changes to current equipment and assist with new equipment installation and commissioning
- Complete PM tasks as assigned and outlined in the Preventative Maintenance Program
- Read and interpret drawings, blueprints, schematics to determine the layout of industrial equipment installations
- Update and document mechanical changes on CMMS work orders
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and repair of mechanical equipment (mechanical drives, actuators, conveyors, couplings, etc.), mechanisms and assemblies, pneumatics and hydraulics
- Installation of machines and equipment as required
- Fabrication and installation of safety guards and circuits
- Focus on continuous improvement and cost reduction
- Part sourcing, including quote initiation, vendor negotiations, part specification
- Participate in departmental 5S activities – maintain strong 5S for all equipment, tools maintenance shop, maintain local parts stocking, emergency recovery tools
If this sounds like a position that interests you, or someone you know, please apply directly with an updated resume or to email@example.com.
Apply for this job