Automation Engineering Lead- GTA
Automation Engineering Lead
Greater Toronto Area (GTA)
The incumbent supplies management and our client facilities with technical analyses, system analyses, economical studies and equipment selection scenarios on production automation opportunities. He/she makes recommendations to upper management to identify highest return projects to implement and is responsible to manage other engineers in the execution of diverse automation projects. He/she acts as a leader to other engineers by supplying project management and technical conception assistance.
- Manage the work of two (2) engineers and other team members that are added to this group in the future. He/She is the leader of this team.
- Be responsible for all production automation projects in locations in North America. Multiple projects going on at the same time in a cost range of $100,000 to over $ 1M.
- Be responsible to work in collaboration with all manufacturing plants to evaluate opportunities in term of complexity, feasibility and propose & investigate automation solutions for those opportunities. Evaluate the financial benefits, find the best suitable outside partners to deliver the automated solutions and work with them to deliver the best final solution to the plants.
- Be responsible for project management duties such as; planning projects, reviewing current status of projects against timelines, tracking expenses, preparing progress and cost reports and hiring contractors as projects require close management.
- Realize the conception of projects through CAD systems and engineering skills to design machinery or to lay out facilities in order to continuously improve plant performance.
- Act as an onsite project supervisor to contractors, third parties or employees in order for projects to run according to schedule and within the budget.
- Perform technical analysis by using CAD, mathematical models or own approaches to verify strength and/or functionality of systems or group of systems.
- Maintain the link between our client and its suppliers by providing answers to questions through interpersonal skills and professionalism to build a good long-term relationship with suppliers.
- Prepare economical analysis and comparisons to provide management with information to use in decision-making processes.
- Research, prepare and write Authority for Expenditure for submission of various projects
- Completion of Bachelor of Engineering preferably in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- 8+ years of engineering and project management experience specific to automation.
- Ability to perform mathematical analysis.
- Knowledge of computers, CAD systems, 3-D perception.
- Strong analytical and economic analyses skills.
- Excellent communication, presentation and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and with tight deadlines.
- Bilingual in French and English would be an asset
- Regularly encounters differing complex problems, which requires judgement to analyze and identify alternative course of action where established procedures/policies may not exist.
- Problems encountered are seldomly simple, but engineering in nature. There are always many possible scenarios. The incumbent can rarely rely on past events and sometimes tries to avoid doing so. The incumbent usually has to conduct in depth research prior to project final application or start-up.
- Work involves non-routine tasks that normally require different and unrelated methods within authorized limits.
If you are interested in learning more about this, or similar opportunities we have available, please send your most recent CV to email@example.com or call Brad Dunlop directly at (226) 499-9812
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this opportunity but regret that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Apply for this job